Located in the centre of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Owned by Newcastle-upon-Tyne County Borough Council.
Final.Owner registered by application.
Entry not disputed. Right held in gross by StewardsCommittee of Freemen of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, as Trustees of Town Moor Charity Right established under the Town Moor Act 1774.
Right originally established by the Town MoorAct 1774. Land is also subject to the provisions of the Newcastle-upon-TyneImprovement Act 1870, which limits the total number of cattle to 800. Eachfreeman, (or freeman's widow), is allowed to graze 2 cattle.
|Common Land Name||Town Moor|
|County||Tyne and Wear|
|Parish||Formerly Newcastle upon Tyne / Gosforth / Wallsend|
|TVG Reg #||1|
|Area||398.56 hectares / 984.86 acres|
|Ordnance Survey Sheet #||88|
|OS 100km Grid Square||NZ26|
|OS Grid Ref||423500,566500|
Data recorded August, 1985.
Use the form below to ask a question, leave feedback or correct any errors.
© common-land.com 2019 | Privacy